Archive for August, 2017
Installing Gradle Tooling from update site
Alternatively you can install from update sites. The following update sites are available:
- http://dist.springsource.com/snapshot/TOOLS/gradle/nightly (latest development snapshot)
- http://dist.springsource.com/milestone/TOOLS/gradle (latest milestone build)
- http://dist.springsource.com/release/TOOLS/gradle (latest release)
Pasting the above URLs into a web browser will not work. You need to follow the instructions given below to use an Eclipse update site.
- In Eclipse Open Help >> Install New Software
- Paste a Gradle update site link into the “Work with” text box.
- Click the Add button at the top of the screen.
- Ensure that the option “Group Items by Category” is enabled.
- Select the top-level node ‘Extensions / Gradle Integration’.
- Click “Next”. This may take a while.
- Review the list of software that will be installed. Click “Next” again.
- Review and accept licence agreements and Click “Finish”.
If you follow this installation procedure in a plain Eclipse, this will install the STS Dashboard. This gives you an easy way to subsequently install Groovy Eclipse as well. See instructions on Installing from the STS Dashboard above.
Use Update Site Archive for STS from https://spring.io/tools/sts/all